Sandra, Age 68
Today is my 68th birthday – hooray for me.
1. I am thankful that I made it this far. I look forward to the morning each night when I go to bed.
2. I am thankful that I will be travelling with my 13 year old grandson this summer. He and I have shared many wonderful adventures.
3. I am thankful that my son has a wife who loves him. Married at 39 for the first time!!
4. I am thankful for my 4 month old grandaughter. Her mom says she has a “big personality” and I agree.
5. I am thankful that my mom has the resources to live in assisted living which she thought she would hate, but absolutely loves. Thanks to all of the caring people at Sunrise Edina.
6. I am thankful that there are more wonderful books to read than I could ever finish in my lifetime.
7. I am thankful that I created a space to live that warms my soul.
8. I am thankful for some wonderful friendships; laughter and comfort.
9. I am thankful I learned to live with disappointments and adversity and find joy.
9. I am thankful for this day and any more that I get.
Happy birthday to me.